Friday, February 3, 2012

Paul Henry's Acoustic Jam 74

I own my own Dion . . . remember that fur coat commercial from the mid '80's?  I may have misspelled the company name.  My son use to go around the house saying that when he was about 2 after hearing the commercial on TV.  Well, now I can say . . .

I own my own Lauren Dunning . . .
Just not 1, but 2!!!!!


So, for those who have not met Lauren, that is her in the photo holding "The Path In My Mind" in Gouachet ink, and I am holding "Bold Spider" in mixed media. I saw "Bold Spider" on David's Facebook page and connected with it right away. Especially more because it was Lauren's work, so from just looking at the photo on Facebook I asked David to hold it for me. When I arrived Thursday and looked at Lauren's other work she brought in, and I had to have another . . . Thank You Lauren!  And thanks to David Mueller for taking and sharing the photo of us.

This Thursday night JAM was jam packed with artists and audience. I would estimated 80 people in all. It was a bit hard to keep up with everything photography wise. I attempted to audio record, and failed with the first two artists. My goal right now is to get the blog post up with writing and photos. At this point I do not know if I will be able to follow-up with the audios.

One thing about arriving early, you get to pick your seat and talk to the artists before the night starts. When I arrived I had the proud pleasure of meeting and talking with John Sarantos. David announced on Facebook that John was coming, so I decided to bring my Native American flute along (no, I don't play however John gave me a lot of insight so now maybe I'll give it a go). Here are some of the "before the event" photos.



And what was very nice, was listening to Meredith Judd and Mary Ellen Ziegler singing before everyone arrived.  It was so much fun for them, they convinced themselves to do a set together later on.



Here are the artists, in the order they did their set, starting with Joey Humphrey to warm us up, though this first photo I caught Joey warming himself up out front.  Joey plays his own music, with rhythm, with heart, and the most creative sound from a twelve-string guitar.






Next up was Tony Cortina. I had the pleasure of listening to Tony's work January 5th at the gallery. It was a pleasure then, and a pleasure this time as well.






Next up was Maureen Garison complete with her jazz voice . . . (okay, perhaps you can only be complete with a voice, however hers is jazzily different) . . .



Now, photos of the gallery and the people who came to support the artists . . .






Next up, John Sarantos with his Native American flute, this time playing for the audience. Of all the Native American flute playing I have heard (and I have heard a few), this performance was the best ever . . . and take a closer look at the photos because John gave us music on three different flutes.






Next up was Meredith and Mary.  It is obvious to me that Meredith loves to entertain.  Mary, just meeting us for what I believe was the first time, had a lot of fun in the duet.




Up next was Michelle (on piano) and hubby David Milan (on bongos).




And the audience, has been glued to everyone's performance . . .



This next duo blew me away. Talk about harmony, feeling, vocals, the complete package. Here is Steve Early and Riana Zona. Don't let this fine young lady fool you, because she wallops on vocal at the most appropriate moment . . . hit me again! Of anybody at this moment, that I can't wait to be entertained by again, are Steve and Riana . . .






Next up, Rich Hall on piano and vocal, Richard Alvaraez on bongos, Maureen Garison on vocal, and Melissa Welch as in the grape juice (inside gallery joke - ask Rich) on saxophone.



The audience being entertained because of Meredith being the recipient of a number draw . . .



Next was Lou Shields . . . 



Then up was Mike Callahan on guitar and Lou on vocal.  There first time with this song . . . went very well!  Note that Mike also makes guitars for Lou.





Next Nick Brown on guitar who did very well.



Scott Fowler came up for a poem . . .



Mycul Hanus on guitar . . .



More poetry by Terrance Parks . . .



Jo Jo Dottich with some harmonica . . .



A combo of Rich Hall on piano, Richard Alvarez on bongos, Melissa Welch on sax, and some great work from Thomas Matecki on flute and a straight sax.  Wow Thomas . . .






Next was Jason West on guitar, with his onlooker . . . yes they know each other . . .




My friend Ted Misdom who has been to the gallery before . . .



Next was Karin Coleman singing, and accompanying her were Rich Hall on piano, with Don Taylor and Lee Watson on guitar.




Then we had Rich on piano, Joey on twelve string guitar, Sandra Tomera on chair (dancing), with Don Taylor, Adrian Rameirez, and Lee Watson on guitar.  You just never know . . .




Next, Melissa accompanying Adrian Rameirez and Dan Serapin on their first song of the set.



And to close the night was Mary Ellen Ziegler and Rich Hall . . .


Paul Henry's Art Gallery Thursday night JAM is always fun. Come in, stay as long as you want. Enjoy!

For my prior posts on the gallery . . .





Click on this line for my copyright.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MegaBeatles at 912

MegaBeatles. That word states a lot. A mega of music, sound, fun and dance with Beatles music. From the beginning of the Beatles era to the ...

Recent Popular Posts