Thursday, May 24, 2012

Paul Henry's Acoustic Jam 90

First, thanks to all of you who read my blog.  I do take your comments to heart.  Through my engineering and education, I have come to appreciate quality.  Quality as defined by the customer, satisfying your needs, wants, desires.  To bring you this quality, I listen, and change.  Now, it is up to me to continually improve, with positive tension, to keep you reading my blog.

Now, Paul Henry's . . .

The evening was sunlit, the temperature cool, yet the JAM was dripping with hot talent, quality, energy, that you could not help but to get some of it on you.  A packed house!  Packed with talent!

Every breath we take becomes a new moment in life.  Sometimes thrilling, sometimes taken for granted.  Those ups and downs are our life, which I have been riding the high since the first day I stepped into Paul Henry's.  Coming to Paul Henry's is like breathing.  A new moment, not knowing what to expect.  Well, I will write it again, that this night meant a lot to me for whatever reason.  I no longer was concerned what  other people felt I should do, because I was doing what I want to do . . . photography . . . catching that glimmer of moment that brings happiness to me, that nobody can ever take away.

Now, do not feel sad about any of that.  There is nothing in my way to be concerned about.  This night at Paul Henry's was just something special.  A spectacular moment in my play of life.  You may see it in my photography of this evening.

I no longer take photo's of every artist that steps up front.  The spontaneity of walking around the gallery, taking photos around me that moment, seems to be the fun.  So, my first photo was of Ammi Long . . .

(Oh, and before I forget, for the newcomers, you can click on the photo to enlarge it, and click on the enlarged photo again to index through.)


It has been difficult getting a photo of Ammi I liked these past few weeks.  Something just clicked tonight, or perhaps it was the burned out bulb in the spotlight that is usually on, now off . . .




Next I photographed Adam Thiesen. Since the first time I heard Adam play, I have enjoyed his down to earth music, attitude, artistry.  And as I read his FB, I find he and I agree on a lot of things.




Mitch Wright was then up with Lee Watson's daughter, which I only know here as Lee Watson's daughter (somebody help me . . . please).


Might as well keep my streak going . . . and Lee Watson's daughter's mom, or Lee Watson's wife if you prefer (I think someone is going to shoot me for all this . . .).


And, the people . . . (no, I do not know all their names either . . . well, maybe I know these first three members of the jury)


Oh, and the man himself, standing in the back with the guitar . . . Lee Watson!!!!!  With a little help from my friends . . . the girls . . . gotta love them . . .



Introduction of the artists (in case you need to know why people are standing up, like maybe they were ready to play musical chairs).


And the music goes on with Rick Therrio. . .


The cat did not seem to be as bossy this evening. More of a cat on a mission . . .


Okay, I have to have fun with this next set of photos . . .

"Wow, Nancie is looking at me . . .


"She looks like she's very interested . . .


"Oh man, she's point me out to someone . . .


"Oh rats, she was pointing to one of Lou's paintings I am standing next too . . ."

Hi Nancie!

What is cool about the gallery on Thursday nights is walking around, seeing everyone tuning up, getting in the moment, or just plain and simple jamming with someone like in this next photo . . .



And our fun pal Melissa Welch taking photos, or maybe a vid . . .


I have been trying to get some photos of Melissa that I like, for some time now. This entire set seems to work for me. Thank you Melissa!!!!



Lou Shields . . .


And later joined by Mark Biegel . . .


Many artists play with their heart. However, when they play together with that same feel, it really shows, like tonight with Lou and Mark. This next photo is probably one of the nicest I have taken . . . for me . . .



Thank you boys (Lou and Mark) for making my photography fun!!!!!

A quick photo of John Brudek . . . fellow photographer extraordinaire . . .



Now, I really enjoyed this next person, Andy Stephenson. He has a story about him, not one that people think as "this person has a story", but rather a vibe about him that is very interesting to listen to.







And, the hands of a very talented lady . . .




Sometimes we orchestrate, sometimes it just comes together. At the end, nobody is interested in how it came about, but rather it did come about . . .



Me in my happy place photographing John Brudek in his happy place . . . are ya all happy yet?  Bet you are smiling right now!!!!!



I think you now know who owns those artistic hands earlier . . .


This talent just dropped our jaws to the ground. Great voice, great music, great person. Fruteland Jackson . . .



And, everyone was captivated by him . . .




Next, Rich Hall with Melissa and Mark . . . whom everyone always enjoy!




Rich was from one side of the room to the other . . . glad I sat in the middle . . .



Next was Pat Goodmanson. I really enjoyed Pat's music the last time he was here, and he cranked it up with more this time.  Thank you Pat . . .




Gary Price, an artist of the gallery, painted Mary Margaret, the lady I met in Atlanta and took photographs of. Gary, you did her proud . . . thank you . . .



Next up, a real cool guy whom I met the very first Paul Henry's JAM I went to, and the very first person to sign up on my blog . . . K.C. Wilkerson. K.C. has a down to earth uniqueness about him that I enjoy.



Like the above photo?  Need to ask me about it some day.

And those of us who were glued to the next group . . .





And my favorite two people this night . . .



I did not catch Neil Florek earlier, joining in with his harmonica. However, you will see him in the next set of photos (he is on the far left).




And some last photos of Lou as I leave . . .




A special thanks to a new blog reader, Hilary. Her simple response put me in the mood to write this blog the way I did.

To read my copyright, please click on this line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MegaBeatles at 912

MegaBeatles. That word states a lot. A mega of music, sound, fun and dance with Beatles music. From the beginning of the Beatles era to the ...

Recent Popular Posts